What To Bring
Because of the COVID testing process upon arrival to Spring Camp and the Retreat emphasis of our theme Remembrance, once you check in, you will not be able to leave and re-enter the camp. There will be no Town Runner, so pack carefully.
- Two Covid rapid self-tests for each camper. Self-tests will be done at check-in and 24 hours later. You must bring your own rapid self-test kits. Please note, you will need to have done one additional self-test 48 hours before you leave for camp.
- Bedding (sleeping bag, bed sheets, foam pads, blankets, pillow, ear plugs)
- Folding camp chair and/or floor pillow
- Personal toiletries; shower supplies including towels and shower shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen lotion and after-sun lotion
- Rain gear
- All medications and inhalers
- Swimwear and water toys including extra towels
- Life Jackets for swimming, especially for non-swimmers and the younger children. Noodles are not safety flotation devices. There are no life guards and Camp is not responsible for the safety of any swimmers.
- To create privacy around your bunk, bring sheets or beach towels, clothesline or rope, clothes pins; for bunk convenience, a small rug, extension cord, hangers.
- Any special foods for dietary concerns. Refrigeration available.
- Open heart!
What to Leave Behind
Scented anything: e.g. oils, perfumes, aftershave, soap, shampoo, and candles. For some, exposure to fragrances, even mild or organic ones, can trigger reactions like headaches, sneezing, dizziness, itching, and rashes. Be fragrance-free to be kind.
Please be aware that TICKS and CHIGGERS are often present at camp. Your insect repellent should be effective on them too. The Missouri Conservation Department gives these suggestions for avoiding ticks: Tiny, Tenacious, Terrible Ticks
Musical instruments are very welcome at camp. However, please check with Hakam Liechty, musical director at camp, before playing during programs.
There is ample parking at camp. Please, please, please do not park on the grass. The park rangers emphasize this. Also, beware of tree stumps.
State Park Group Camp regulations prohibit illegal substances and alcohol. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas (along the road). There is no smoking outside the zikr hall.
Information about Lake of the Ozarks State Park
- Click here for more information about Lake of the Ozarks State Park facilities and regulations.
- Click here for a map of Rising Sun Group Campground.
- Click here for a Campground Map with Directions to Rising Sun.
To monitor the camp’s potential weather, look up Osage Beach, MO 65065 here. Temperatures in central Missouri vary day to day and hour to hour. Think layers as you pack your clothes.
For more camp details, use the menu at the top right of each page.